Sunday, January 2, 2011

Lisa K. Broad's 2010 Mix-Tape

I really miss making mix-tapes.  So instead of composing a 2010 best song list, I put a few of my favorites into the most aesthetically pleasing arrangement I could muster.  Theoretically they should be listened to from top to bottom in order to produce what I imagine to be a revelatory sonic experience.  In practice, please feel free to sample at your leisure.    

“Walk in the Park,” Beach House

“Don’t Cry,” Deerhunter

“Chinatown,” Wild Nothing

“Numb,” Marina and the Diamonds

“Funnel of Love,” The Fall

“I’m Not the One,” The Black Keys

“Monster,” Kanye West

“Twenty Miles,” Deer Tick

“Anyone’s Ghost,” The National

“Bright Lit Blue Skies,” Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti

“She Rode Me Down,” Tindersticks

“1977,” Ana Tijoux

“Taxi Cab,” Vampire Weekend

“Mansions of Los Feliz,” Eels

No comments: